Standard 4 nights / 5 days
The trip includes visits to Rumtek monasteries, a Lepcha village with shamanic ceremony, a herbal bath and ends with a full day excursion to Gangtok which includes Tashi viewpoint, Enchey monastery, MG Marg pedestrian zone and more.
- Day 1: Pick up from Bagdogra airport or your starting point and transfer to Bamboo Retreat Hotel. Dinner. Overnight stay.
- Day 2: After breakfast, go for a garden walk. Then visit the old and new monasteries of Rumtek. In the late afternoon, after returning, enjoy a herbal bath. Typical Bhutia dinner. Overnight stay.
- Day 3: After breakfast, take a short optional hike across terraced fields to a Lepcha settlement. You will then drive to a Lepcha village and experience a welcoming ceremony by the village shaman. Taste typical Lepcha snacks. Also visit a rare, old Lepcha house on stilts. Then visit the Ranka monastery. Typical Nepalese dinner. Overnight stay.
- Day 4: Enjoy a full-day excursion to Gangtok with well-known and lesser-known sights! Sights include Tashi Viewpoint, Lusyama, Enchey Monastery, Orchid and Flower Exhibition, Palace Temple, Tibetology Center, Do-Drul Choerten, MG Marg (pedestrian area of Gangtok). If you want to see a typical Bollywood movie, we can arrange that as well. Dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 5: Transfer back to Bagdogra airport or to your onward destination