Outdoor extended 5 nights / 6 days
A six-day trip through Sikkim with highlights such as a welcome ceremony in the Fabong Lho sanctuary, a typical outdoor bath, a full-day excursion to Gangtok with various sights, a day trip to Tsomgo Lake and a yak ride.
- Day 1: Pick up from Bagdogra airport and transfer to Bamboo Retreat Hotel. Dinner. Overnight stay.
- Day 2: Enjoy a full day hike in the Fabong Lho Conservation Area. Before the start of the tour, a local shaman will perform a welcome ceremony. Experience the old-growth jungle and, weather permitting, the Khanchenjunge mountain. After the trekking you can visit the Rumtek monastery. Typical Bhutia dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 3: Enjoy a typical outdoor bath today to relax your muscles after yesterday’s trekking. Also visit the Ranka Monastery. Typical Lepcha dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 4: Enjoy a full day excursion to Gangtok with well-known and lesser-known sights! Sights include Tashi Viewpoint, Lusyama, Enchey Monastery, Orchid and Flower Exhibition, Palace Temple, Tibetology Center, Do-Drul Choerten, MG Marg (pedestrian area of Gangtok). If you want to see a typical Bollywood movie, we can arrange that as well. Typical Nepali dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 5: Enjoy a day trip to Lake Tsomgo. On the way you will visit a sanctuary and at the lake you can take a walk around the lake or to a viewpoint. You can also take a yak ride here. On your return, you can go shopping again in MG Marg and have dinner. Return to the Bamboo Retreat Hotel in the evening, overnight stay.
- Day 6: Transfer to Bagdogra airport or to your onward destination.