The Bamboo Retreat - An Eco-friendly Retreat Hotel
Environmental stewardship and cultural sensitivity have always been high on our agenda. At the Bamboo Retreat, we promote Ecotourism as defined by TIES (The International Ecotourism Society): "Responsible travel to natural areas, which conserves the environment and sustains the well-being of local people."
At Bamboo Retreat Hotel we:
- follow permaculture principles
- redce, reuse and recycle
- take measures to increase soil quality by compost, mulching, cover crop, organic fertilizers, etc.
- train our team continuously
- provide skills workshops by professional volunteers and instructors to our team and the public
- solar heat water of Emerald Appartment
- use hand crafted cane and bamboo which are renewable eco-friendly resource for interiors
- have an efficient self-cleaning, three-chamber septic-tank-system
- grow vegetables, fruit, herbs organically
- establish a permaculture show garden
- purchase whatever possible directly from local farmers and markets
- use fresh and seasonal ingredients in our restaurant